J. Armand Bombardier Scholarship Program
We believe that the development of any society depends on the quality and accessibility of the training offered. This is why we care deeply about supporting youth in their academic aspirations.
A new application form.
Please note that there are changes to the scholarship analysis process. Please pay attention to the new application information.
Also in the section
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation offers a scholarship program for students pursuing a recognized program of study leading to a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP), an Attestation of Vocational Specialization (ASP), an Attestation of College Studies (AEC), a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) or a Bachelor’s degree. The program is open to all fields of study.
- Place of residence: Bursary applicants must reside in the Val-Saint-François and Acton MRCs, or in the municipalities of Saint-Joachim-de-Shefford, Shefford, Warden and Waterloo.
- Full-time students status, in a recognized institution.
The scholarship selection committee takes the following factors into account:
- Financial situation (including the income of: independant student; students and spouse; or students and parents, depending on the situation, as well as the number of dependant children).
- Distance between home and school.
- Vocational level : $1,000
- College level: $1,500
- University undergraduate program: $3,000
Bursaries are payable in one instalment upon acceptance in the Fall.
For students who are only eligible for a Winter scholarship, a half-bursary may be awarded (and paid out in Winter 2024). Please note that all applications must be submitted before August 1, 2023.
- Cooperative education program: students are eligible if they are enrolled in a program of study that requires full-time paid internships in the work environment, in addition to courses. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two installments, regardless of the internship period, and will be subject to the same conditions as students enrolled in a regular program.
- Return to school: scholarship applications by students returning to school are accepted, if the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- 1st cycle PhD Programs (medicine, dentistry, etc.): Students enrolled in such programs are eligible.
- Programs that overlap two academic levels (e.g. DEC-BAC, or Bac-maîtrise): these programs are eligible.
For DEC-BAC, the amount of the bursary is linked to the student’s grade level for the current year.
For the Bac-maîtrise’s program, the amount of the bursary remains the same throughout the program.
1. Submit an application:
Applications are submitted on the Foundation’s digital platform.
On your first visit, you will need to create a user account by filling out the registration form.
You will then be able to fill out the application form (which is entitled LOI in the platform).
2. Additional supporting documents:
If your application meets the eligibility requirements and we have received your form by the deadline, we will invite you to submit the supporting documents needed for final decision:
- A copy of your transcript for the Winter 2023 (or your last semester of study if not more than 2 years ago)
- Proof of enrollment provided by your school for the Fall 2023 or your schedule on which your name and the name of the school must appear. In addition, the session for which the schedule is in effect must be specified.
You will have until midnight on September 11, 2023 to complete this step in the digital platform.
3. If you received a scholarship, you will need to provide us with a second set of supporting documents in Winter 2024:
- A copy of your transcript for the Fall 2023
- Proof of attendance from your school for the Winter 2024 or your schedule, which must include your name and the name of the school. In addition, the session for which the schedule is in effect must be specified.
You will have until midnight on February 15, 2024 to complete this step in the digital platform.
- A proof of enrollement provided by your school
- Or your schedule where your name and that of the school are specified as well as the corresponding session
It is not necessary to provide the original documents, a copy will do
Documents that are not accepted:
- Acceptation letter to the program
- Invoice or tuition receipt