J. Armand Bombardier Scholarship Program
We believe that the development of any society depends on the quality and accessibility of the training offered. This is why we care deeply about supporting youth in their academic aspirations.
We have just moved to an electronic application platform, which brings several changes in the way scholarship applications are submitted. We invite you to pay particular attention to the information regarding the submission of applications (see “Submission and important dates” below).
Also in the section
June 1 to August 1. The application process for 2022 is now closed.
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation offers a scholarship program for students pursuing a recognized program of study leading to a Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP), an Attestation of Vocational Specialization (ASP), an Attestation of College Studies (AEC), a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) or a Bachelor’s degree. The scholarships awarded are open to all fields of activity.
- Place of residence: The student must reside in the MRC of Val-Saint-François or Acton, or in the municipalities of Saint-Joachim-de-Shefford, Shefford, Warden, and Waterloo.
- Be a full-time student
- Family income
- Academic results
- Vocational level : $1,000
- College level: $1,500
- University undergraduate program: $3,000
All the scholarships are payable in two equal installments. The first installment will be paid upon acceptance of the scholarship; the second installment will be paid when the student begins the second semester of the academic year and has sent the documents establishing this fact.
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation reserves the right to stop the second payment of the scholarship if the statement of grades indicates poor results or failures, or if the proof of enrollment are not provided before the deadline.
- Cooperative education program: students are eligible if they are enrolled in a program of study that requires full-time paid internships in the work environment, in addition to courses. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two installments, regardless of the internship period, and will be subject to the same conditions as students enrolled in a regular program.
- Return to school: scholarship applications by students returning to school are accepted, if the student meets the eligibility criteria.
- 1st cycle PhD Programs (medicine, dentistry, etc.): Students enrolled in such programs are eligible.
1. Application Submission:
Applications are now submitted on the Foundation’s new electronic platform.
On your first visit, you will need to create a user account by filling out the registration form.
You will then be able to fill out the application form (which is entitled LOI in the platform).
IMPORTANT: An Electronic Application Guide has been developed to assist applicant organizations. We invite you to consult it before beginning the process.
Please note that you will need to provide a copy of all four pages of the provincial income tax return of the parents, applicant and/or spouse (depending on the category) with the form.
The application process for 2022 is now closed.
2. Additional Supporting Documents for Final Decision:
If your application meets the eligibility requirements and we have received your form by the deadline, we will invite you to submit the supporting documents needed for final decision:
• A copy of your transcript for the Winter 2022 semester (or your last semester of study if not more than 2 years ago)
• Proof of attendance from your educational institution for the Fall 2022 semester or your schedule on which your name and the name of the educational institution must appear. In addition, the session for which the schedule is in effect must be specified.
You will have until midnight on September 12, 2022 to complete this step in the digital platform.
3. If you receive an award, you will need to provide us with a second set of supporting documents in Winter 2023:
• A copy of your transcript for the Fall 2022 semester
• Proof of attendance from your educational institution for the Winter 2023 semester or your schedule, which must include your name and the name of the educational institution. In addition, the session for which the schedule is in effect must be specified.
You will have until midnight on February 20, 2023 to complete this step in the digital platform.
- A proof of enrollement provided by your school
- Or your schedule where your name and that of the school are specified as well as the corresponding session
It is not necessary to provide the original documents, a copy will do
Documents that are not accepted:
- Acceptation letter to the program
- Invoice or tuition receipt