YVONNE L. BOMBARDIER VISUAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
An initiative resulting from a joint commitment of the Philanthropic Activities Office and the Yvonne L. Bombardier Cultural Centre, the objective of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship Program in Visual Arts is to contribute to Québec’s next generation of artists.
The application process for the 2022 edition is now closed.
Also in the section
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation is proud to present the 2021 recipient of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship in Visual Arts: Magali Baribeau-Marchand
A student in creative studies at the Université du Québec à Chicoutimi, Magali won over the members of the selection committee with her multidisciplinary approach and her rigorous use of various media. The proposal of an exploding universe in constant evolution, translated by always surprising devices, demonstrates that the artist is not afraid to take risks to thwart the predictable.
Discover her artistic approach and works on her website: magalibmarchand.com
August 29 to November 18, 2022
The scholarship is awarded annually to a student enrolled in a Master’s art program in a Québec university, who practices one or more of the following disciplines:
The Selection Committee is composed of 5 professionals working in the arts and Foundation representatives.
The scholarship includes:
- A cash prize of $10,000
- An exhibition of the student’s works in a Montréal exhibition space during the year following the scolarship
- Production of a video business card presenting the scholarship winner’s artistic approach and works
Deadline to file an application: November 18, 2022
Applications are now submitted on the Foundation’s new electronic platform.
On your first visit, you will need to create a user account by filling out the registration form.
You will then be able to fill out the application form.
IMPORTANT: An Electronic Application Guide has been developed to assist applicant organizations. We invite you to consult it before beginning the process.
Please note that you will need to provide the following documents on the form:
• A presentation letter describing your artistic and creative approach, with emphasis on future projects and the development of your artistic approach (maximum 1,000 words).
• Two letters of recommendation signed by a professor, a teacher, or a lecturer. If the letters are not in the file at the deadline, it is your responsibility to inform us that it will follow after the deadline, otherwise the file will be considered as incomplete.
• A portfolio consisting of maximum 15 digital images, presenting works over the past two years. The digital images must be provided in JPEG format.
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum three pages)
• An academic file containing all statements of grades for the current program of studies as well as an official attestation of attendance produced by the Registrar of the educational institution. If you are in the first semester of the program, the statement of grades for the last year of studies in the previous program must be provided (for Master’s students: Bachelor’s program).
The selected candidate will be announced in March 2023.
- Candidates must be registered as full-time students in a Master’s art program, in Québec
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or have the status of permanent resident
- Work produced as part of a collective is not eligible. Only individual production will be considered for evaluation