YVONNE L. BOMBARDIER VISUAL ARTS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
An initiative resulting from a joint commitment of the Philanthropic Activities Office and the Yvonne L. Bombardier Cultural Centre, the objective of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship Program in Visual Arts is to contribute to Québec’s next generation of artists.
Also in the section
The J. Armand Bombardier Foundation is proud to present the 2021 recipient of the Yvonne L. Bombardier Graduate Scholarship in Visual Arts: Maude Arsenault
The members of the jury were seduced by the singularity of her work and her great mastery of photographic technique. Her pertinent and touching approach to Women, at the center of her approach, as well as the depth and sensitivity of her work, give her a very particular artistic identity.
Application form (fall 2021)
The scholarship is awarded annually to a student enrolled in a Master’s art program in a Québec university, who practices one or more of the following disciplines:
The Selection Committee is composed of 5 people, professionals working in the arts and Foundation representatives.
The scholarship includes:
- A cash prize of $10,000
- An exhibition of the student’s works in a Montréal exhibition space during the year following the scolarship
- Production of a video business card presenting the scholarship winner’s artistic approach and works
Deadline to file an application (date to come): November, 2021
FILLING THE FORM – NEW
We are adopting a new methodology for submitting applications this year.
The first step is to complete the application form.
The faster you complete this form, the faster you will have access to the link for submitting your supporting documentation in order to complete your application file.
Upon receipt of your form, the FJAB allows itself a period of three days to send you a personalized link. This link must be used to send all the supporting documents required for the completion of your file (deadline to submit all documents: November, 2021).
The application file must include:
- The application form, duly completed
- A presentation letter describing the student’s artistic and creative approach, with emphasis on his/her future projects and the development of his/her artistic approach (maximum 1,000 words).
- Two letters of recommendation signed by a professors, a teacher, or a lecturer. If the letters are not in the file at the deadline, it is the responsibility of the student to inform us that it will follow after the deadline, otherwise the file will be considered as incomplete.
- A portfolio consisting of maximum 15 digital images, presenting works produced by the student over the past two years. The digital images must be provided in JPEG format.
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (maximum three pages)
- An academic file containing all statements of grades for the current program of studies as well as an official attestation of attendance produced by the Registrar of the educational institution. If the student is in the first semester of the program, the statement of grades for the last year of studies in the previous program must be provided (for Master’s students: Bachelor’s program).
The selected candidate will be announced in February 2022.
- Candidates must be registered as full-time students in a Master’s art program, in Québec
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or have the status of permanent resident
- Work produced as part of a collective is not eligible. Only individual production will be considered for evaluation